- A Walking Map Through the Oppression of Trans & Intersex People, Courvant, D.
- Abusing Privilege: Widening the Domestic Violence Paradigm, Hodes, C. (Spring, 2011). Family & Intimate Violence Quarterly, pp. 345-351.
- Domestic Violence and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Relationships, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV),
- Legal Options for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT) Intimate Partner Violence Survivors in New York, Empire Justice Center.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Domestic/Intimate Partner Violence in the United States in 2010. National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs, (2011). Reports for earlier years are also available.
- Making arrests in domestic violence cases: What police should know, Hirschel, D. (2009). National Institute of Justice.
- Making Women's Shelters Accessible to Transgendered Women, Cope, A. & Darke, J. (1999).
- Memorandum Opinion for the Acting Deputy Attorney General: Whether the criminal provisions of the violence against women act apply to otherwise covered conduct when the offender and victim are the same sex, U.S. Dept. of Justice, (April 27, 2010).
- New York State Marriage Equality Act, Lambda Legal. Lots of very specific information, some specific to NYC, but most of it applicable statewide.
- Open Minds, Open Doors: Transforming Domestic Violence Programs to Include LGBTQ Survivors, The Network/La Red (2010). An excellent guide to making changes in shelter practices to fully accommodate LGBTQ victims.
- Practical Tips for Working With Transgender Survivors of Sexual Violence, Forge. Shelter/Housing Needs for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Victims of Domestic Violence, GLBT Domestic Violence Coalition and Jane Doe Inc, (2005).
- Services outside of the box: Helping transgender clients navigate sex‐segregated services, Forge.
- Trans and intersex survivors of domestic violence: Defining terms, barriers, and responsibilities, Courvant, D. & Cook-Daniels, L.
- Transgender health and social service needs in the context of HIV risk, Kammerer, N., Mason T., & Connors, M. (1999). International Journal of Transgenderism, 3 (1-2).
- Transitioning Our Shelters, Mottet, L. & Ohle, J.M. Ohle (2003), National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute and the National Coalition for the Homeless.
- Why It Matters: Rethinking victim assistance for LGBTQ victims of hate violence and domestic violence. National Center for Victims of Crime & National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs (2010).
Back to Intimate Partner Violence in
LGBTQ Relationships homepage