OPDV Press Releases
- OPDV Executive Director Gwen Wright addresses students at Columbia High School about the “Dating Abuse is #NotJustPhysical” campaign on Jan. 29.
- One World Trade Center’s 408-foot spire illuminated purple tonight to mark Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- New Yorkers are encouraged to wear purple on Thursday, Oct. 19 as part of the state’s Shine the Light on Domestic Violence campaign
- New York marks 10th anniversary of its Shine the Light on Domestic Violence campaign, launches social media toolkit to raise awareness, show support for victims, survivors
- Five Organizations Share $850,000 in State Funding to Improve Domestic Violence Services and Save Lives
- Two Domestic Violence Prevention Service Providers in Western New York to Receive $150,000 in State Funding to Enhance Services
- Safe Homes of Orange County, Unity House of Troy receive $400,000 to reduce intimate partner homicides
- New York State Launches New Social Media Campaign to Raise Awareness of Teen Dating Violence
- Governor’s Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence Promotes Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- New York State Raises Awareness of Teen Dating Violence in February with Social Media Campaign #tdvcandyhearts
- Verizon Launches Entrepreneurship Training Program To Help Domestic Violence Survivors Become Small Business Owners
- New York State unveils new website, Facebook page to educate teens, young adults about dating abuse, empower them to make healthy relationship choices
- Times Square Turns Purple For Domestic Violence Awareness Month With Borough President Stringer And NYS Office For The Prevention Of Domestic Violence
- Verizon Launches Domestic Violence Entrepreneurship Program
in New York State
Program to provide one-time grants to entrepreneurs who have escaped the cycle of domestic violence
- Control is not love, it's abuse –Gov. David A. Paterson has proclaimed February as Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month.
government, non-profit organizations across New York State embrace “Shine the Light on Domestic Violence” initiative
Empire State Building, other prominent structures glowed purple to raise awareness
- State Offer New Resources for Victims of Domestic Violence
Resource guide now available in five languages
- New York State Turning Purple for October
- Under Governor Paterson’s Leadership, State Agencies Enhance Economic Security for Domestic Violence Victims in the State Workforce. Press conference photos.