Ways to Help in New York
Clothing and Supplies
- Donate professional attire to Dress for Success in Albany,
Brookhaven, Nassau County and New York City.
- Volunteer to help out at Baby Buggy, which provides
donated clothing to babies and young children in New York
- Donate non-perishable food items, baby
products, maternity clothes and toiletries to the Family Justice
Centers throughout the State:
- Call your local domestic violence service provider to see if they accept
Donate Your Time and Services
About Domestic Violence in Your Community
- Distribute materials. Volunteer to take
domestic violence public education materials (pamphlets or
posters) to share with:
- patrons at your local library
- patients at your doctor’s
- customers at your hair salon
- colleagues at work and
- members of clubs and service groups
where you belong.
Public education materials can be ordered free from our website Publications section.
For October, Domestic Violence Awareness Month, download free “Shine the Light on Domestic Violence” materials.